Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Appearance of a Sub-conscious Mechanism

Two weeks after the der Vorgang, my physical condition began to deteriorate. This is the main reason I sought the services of Aquaman. Back then he lived in Imperial Beach, had had no steady job for years, so when I introduced myself as “someone desperately in need of a superhero” he immediately offered his services and swore he could fight against pretty much anybody or anything. I became suspicious of his lavish enthusiasm. I offered him the job, the same day he signed a contract for 6-months to become part of my team. At first I thought I got a deal. However, days later after making his acquaintance, I understood that the poor bastard needed my help more than I needed his. Our first rift was caused by the form he requested a bathtub and salt to which I asked «why? » « Listen pal, » he replied angrily while pointing to his skinsuit, « can’t you tell where I’m coming from? »

On day #8, I began to be afflicted by the excessive paperwork. It made no sense. My health was good, but my body began to cripple right after I suffered a contusion on my back. There was nothing I could do; I tried to exercise with no avail. It became contra productive, so I began irremediably to abuse the painkillers and amphetamines. I even watched TV for 12 straight hours in hope my body will heal by resting it. This eventually work against me. I considered an individual with certain degree of mental toughness, but there was obviously something fuzzy in my thought process, a sub-conscious mechanism working against my efforts per se. Since Aquaman prove to be an incompetent on the first two-hours of his very first shift, I decided to change his role. There was no way I could rely on him to fight during der Vorgan. So I asked him to assist Lady Kokodrile sorting up the correspondence and find a way to get rid of the garbage. Surprisingly he didn't reproached and followed through with his new responsibilities.

On my end, I began to investigate the sub-conscious mechanism that, in my personal opinion, was the cause of my body pains. The injuries that followed posed a real risk to my overall well-being. These needed to be healed and prevented at all cost although finding this mechanism was necessary. One method I had always employed to find suspicious sub-conscious mechanisms is by doing something different everyday, in other words, breaching the harmony of the routine.

I began drinking my morning coffee while showering. It was relaxing. «It was weird,» as Aquaman adamantly put it during dinner. But it was the only way I could conduct examinations of my mind. My first attempt led me to a sense of nothingness. A phenomena that wasn't knew for me. I had conducted successful examinations of such state in the past. I had found its cause, and better yet had found what to do with it! Obviously, I was on a different stage of my existence and practically had to figure this sense of nullity from scratch. For fortune, I had my assistants dealing with all the paper work and corresponding back to my lawyer and the departments of Lulu Land. This allowed me to chase down and exterminate the tricks of my mind.

But lady luck was again not on my side, and I rode the pain until one day tired of all this stiffness I finally reached out to...

No comments:

Post a Comment